Terms & Conditions
Please take time to read the terms and conditions of Kuamka Tours and Travels’ services. Confirming a safari with Kuamka Tours and Travel assumes that you have read, fully understand and accept the terms and conditions described below.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel Ltd. provides transportation, accommodation bookings, restaurant meals, excursions and other services in cooperation with independent suppliers.
- All information detailed in client itineraries is given to the best of Kuamka Tours and Travel’ knowledge and based on the latest information available. Kuamka Tours and Travel cannot be liable for modified information from third parties, nor for any obvious typing errors.
- To reserve flights and gorilla permits we need: your full names as they appear in passport, your nationality and passport number.
- Before confirming a safari, the client must inform Kuamka Tours and Travel of any preferences and special requests of the participants; e.g. medical needs, diet, requirements relating to disabilities and any other requirements. Kuamka Tours and Travel will meet the requests if possible.
- All packages are subject to availability and not guaranteed until confirmed. Many lodges and hotels offered by Kuamka Tours and Travel have limited capacity and therefore it is essential to make reservations well in advance of your planned trip.
- In the event that you wish to amend your reservation in any way, Kuamka Tours and Travel will make the preferred adjustment where practicable and possible and confirm accordingly. Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to charge an amendment fee relative to the actual costs, which will be added to the total invoice.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to change and re-adjust the tour schedule, transportation, accommodation and services indicated in the itinerary in the event of unforeseen circumstances before arrival. Any changes to the itinerary will be communicated to the client as soon as possible.
- The prices quoted for the various safaris are as per the itinerary and include the following services, unless stated otherwise: overnight in hotels, guesthouses, tents or lodges, all meals as indicated, sightseeing as detailed in the itinerary, park entrance fees and ranger fees, airport transfers where applicable, ground transportation, English speaking driver/guides and bottled mineral water in the vehicle.
- Expenses that are not covered: international and domestic air fares, visa and passports, meals not mentioned in the itinerary, drinks other than the mineral water provided in the vehicle, tips and gratuities for the guides and accommodation staff, laundry, travel insurance and other items of a personal nature.
- Prices on the website or quoted to our clients are subject to change without notice and are not guaranteed until confirmed in writing.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to adjust prices at any time should there be any fluctuation in the exchange rate or increase in the cost of any element of the tour. The company will however make every effort to minimize any increases.
3. EXECUTION OF THE TOUR
- It is a privilege to see animals in their natural habitat and as such, we cannot guarantee wildlife or game viewing. You must take caution when viewing the animals and carefully follow the instructions given by either the tour guide or wildlife rangers.
- A gorilla or chimpanzee permit guarantees clients will be able to track the primates in question but does not guarantee that the animals will be in plain sight.
- Accommodation is based on a twin or double bedded room, tent or banda, with private bathroom where possible. Single rooms may be available with the payment of a supplement fee but availability cannot always be guaranteed.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to substitute equivalent or superior hotels. If a hotel of equivalent standard is not available Kuamka Tours and Travel may substitute the next best quality hotel or suggest superior standard accommodation (extra charges may apply).
- The mode of transport used will be dependent on the number of clients and the route taken, based on the specifications of the chosen itinerary. Every effort is made to ensure that vehicles are provided in a roadworthy condition but no liability can be accepted for a puncture, breakdown, damage, or any delay as a result of the poor road conditions.
- Experienced English speaking driver/guides are a key part of your tour. They are the only person(s) allowed to drive Kuamka Tours and Travel’ vehicles. The driver’s decision on all matters, such as the route taken, is final.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to alter any route or arrangement, to cancel the operation of any scheduled tour or vary the safari services in any way in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as road closures, bad weather, problems with national parks or hotels and security considerations. In such cases, alternative arrangements will be made as circumstances permit.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to employ subcontractors to carry out all or part of the services agreed to be supplied.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to refuse any person from participating or continuing any tour if, in Kuamka Tours and Travel’ opinion or in the opinion of any other person in authority, the person concerned behaves in such a way as to cause or be likely to cause danger, hazard or inconvenience to any third party, damage to property or to environments and ecosystems. No refunds will be made and Kuamka Tours and Travel shall not be liable for expenses incurred as a result of the termination.
- All tours will be booked and confirmed only upon receipt of a 40% deposit of the basic program rate. For gorilla permits, a full advance payment of the permit fee is required in order to make the reservation.
- The payment balance is due no later than 50 days prior to the safari, unless agreed otherwise.
- Bookings made within 40 days before arrival must be paid in full at the time of confirmation.
- If payment is not received in accordance with the above, Kuamka Tours and Travel has the right to cancel the booking.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or cash, before the start of the safari. Regretfully, traveller cheques are no longer accepted.
- The costs of international transactions (bank transfer charges) are to be fully paid by the client.
5. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
- All cancellation requests must be made in writing and shall be effective on the date of actual receipt by Kuamka Tours and Travel.
- The following cancellation charges apply to the basic program rate:
60 days or more prior to arrival 10% charge
59 – 32 days prior to arrival 25% charge
31 – 8 days prior to arrival 50% charge
7 – 3 days prior to arrival 75% charge
48 hours or less prior to arrival 100% charge
Kuamka Tours and Travel reserves the right to deduct all expenses incurred from money paid.
- Gorilla permits and air tickets are 100% non-refundable.
- No refunds will be made for any unused services, late arrival or no-show of any of the members of the tour.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel shall try to ensure that the company exceeds the expectations in every area of the tour arrangements. However, suggestions are very much appreciated in order to keep improving the quality of the service.
- Complaints must be reported immediately to the Kuamka Tours and Travel representative and to the supplier of the service in question, who will do their best to resolve the matter. If the problem is not solved to the client’s satisfaction, the complaint should be reported in writing and not later than 30 days after completion of the tour.
- Liability for any complaints not notified in accordance with the above described procedure cannot be accepted.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel will make every effort to ensure that all arrangements and services offered as part of the safari are carried out as specified in the most efficient way possible. However, the company does not have direct control of the provision of services by suppliers and, whilst every supplier is chosen with the utmost care, Kuamka Tours and Travel does not accept liability for errors or omissions of such suppliers.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever whether to person or property.
- Whilst every care is taken, Kuamka Tours and Travel cannot be held responsible for the direct or indirect costs of loss or damage to baggage or personal possessions.
- Kuamka Tours and Travel cannot accept liability or pay compensation for unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the company or its staff, including flight delays/cancellations or force majeure such as war or threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist acts, border closure, acts of government or other authorities, strikes, thefts, epidemics, road closures, industrial disputes, natural or nuclear disaster, extreme weather conditions, fire, technical and/or mechanical problems to transport and all similar events beyond the company’s control.
- It is the responsibility of the travel agency/wholesaler to ensure that all members of the tour have the appropriate passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates and other documentation required for the safari.
- It is the responsibility of the clients to take proper medical and practical precautions in regard to health and safety. Medical advice should be sought well before travelling.
- Clients are strongly advised to obtain comprehensive travel insurance before coming to Uganda. Local evacuation coverage is available in the unlikely event of a medical emergency while on safari with Kuamka Tours and Travel.
- The respective laws of the country govern Kuamka Tours and Travel’ liability to passengers carried in its own vehicles. All claims are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the country in which the cause of action arises.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING TIME TO READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us! Your enjoyment, comfort and safety are our priority.